HIIT IT HARD: A 15 Minute Fat Blasting Workout to Do at HomePosted on January 10, 2014 at 1:00 am
Happy Fit Friday, babes! I’m so excited to share my first workout video with you! Let me mention a few things first:
- Please excuse the hideous curtains & wallpaper…I’m living at my Grandparents’ until the wedding in April. I love you Grandma, but those curtains have got to go (;
- I did this workout in my room (aka a SUPER small space). This is why the video is vertical and not horizontal. I wanted to film outside but of course it just HAD to rain Thursday when I was filming…c’mon Sunshine State, what’s the deal?! But this just shows that even if you’re in a small space, like a dorm room or hotel room, you can still get in a good workout.
- Good news! I hired a videographer to film a legit intro for all of my videos…I’m so excited!
On to the workout! It’s a 15 minute HIIT workout…I call it HIIT IT HARD: A 15 minute Fat Blasting Workout. I gave y’all the deets on HIIT Tuesday. If you missed it, you can read about it here.
The workout is made up of 5 sets that you’re gonna do 2 times through. Each set has 2 exercises, so that’s 10 moves total. Take breaks when your body needs them but try to power through each round without breaks. Take about a 60 second water break in between rounds…staying hydrated ALL the time is so important! If you don’t have a timer, I suggest using the Gymboss timer app on your phone (yes it’s free!). You can set the amount of rounds, the timer per exercise, etc. Here is your workout printable:
And here is a video demonstrating what each move looks like:
I took a survey a few months ago (on my old blog) and most people said they would rather me just tell you the workout and demonstrate how to do the moves rather than doing the whole workout on video. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!
Oh and I wanted to share a few fun life updates before the weekend (: On my lifestyle blog I usually link up with Lauren for a High Five for Friday post that shares 5 highlights from my week…I’m gonna start adding that to the Fit Friday posts over here. I think it’s so important to reflect each week and to be thankful for the little things that happened! So here are my 5:
1. Adam & I are going to look at a house this afternoon…we decided to rent for our first year of marriage, and we’re hoping this is the one. It looks great online. The backyard is huge, which is perfect to film future workouts and train my clients! Fingers crossed.
2. I got business cards made for Glisten…I’m official! Thanks for your fabulous work Aubrey! Oh and the picture in the collage is my “Sweating for the Wedding” update. I’m about 3 months in and have 98 days until the wedding! My goal is to lean out my lower abs more.
3. I ordered some new workout shoes (I’m addicted…I have a problem) and they came in yesterday! Bright blue Nikes that I LOVE. I’m sure y’all will see them in the next video or if you follow me on Instagram.
4. We got to see some of our engagement pictures…eeeek!
5. And last but not least…the first week of posting 3 times a week on the Glisten blog was a success, win! Video and all (;
Have a wonderful weekend, beauties! See you Monday!