Raise Your Hand If You Love PancakesPosted on January 14, 2015 at 12:59 am
Okay who DIDN’T raise their hand? I feel like everyone love pancakes. How could you not? They’re so warm and delicious…pancakes for breakfast is one of the best ways to spend a weekend morning if you ask me.
I’ve tried a ton of “healthy” pancake recipes. Most of them usually turn out to be paper thin. Not these ones. These turned out fluffy and actually pancake-like. I am SO excited to share this recipe with y’all. I usually eat a carb heavy breakfast on days when I know I will be working out intensely (a.k.a leg day).
These are super easy to make and I promise your family will love you for making them (my husband approved).
What You’ll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 C of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt (like 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3/4 C of plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 C almond milk
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (I used vanilla)
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
What You’ll Do:
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixer.
- Spray a heated pan with non-stick spray (I use coconut oil spray).
- Pour about a palm-sized amount of batter onto the heated pan.
- Wait a few minutes, until you see bubbles forming on the edge of the pancake, and flip.
- Let cook on the other side for 30-60 seconds.
Some toppings that I used: honey, cinnamon, and fruit. You could also add some dark chocolate chips or fruit into the batter (like blueberries) before you cook it to mix it up a bit.
This recipe will make about 6-8 pancakes, depending on the size that you make.