Pumpkin Overnight OatsPosted on October 1, 2014 at 6:30 am
HAPPY OCTOBER! Did you see your new workout calendar?
If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I love breakfast. I especially love overnight oats, because I’m not exactly a morning person.
Now that it’s “fall” (I use that term lightly because it is still 95* here in Florida) I’ve added a kick to my overnight oats…go ahead, guess. PUMPKIN. Because don’t we try to eat all the pumpkin during this time of year? I know I do.
What You’ll Need:
- A jar (I use a mason jar)
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats (I use Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 TBSP of cinnamon
- 1/2 TBSP of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/4-1/3 cup of almond milk (if you want your oats thicker, use less)
- 1 1/2 TBSP pumpkin puree
- Toppings of your choice (I used 1/2 of a banana and a few cacao chips)
What You’ll Do:
- Mix everything but the toppings into the jar. Make sure to stir everything together really well.
- Place lid on jar and put in fridge overnight.
- Wake up and grab your jar of oats. If you don’t want cold oats put them in the microwave for a minute or so. I eat mine cold on hot days and warm on cold days (which is like never in Florida soooo yeah cold oats for me)
- Put any toppings you want on your oats.
SO simple. SO full of pumpkin deliciousness. And in case you were wondering…yes, pumpkin is good for you. I’ll do a post on pumpkin benefits soon! Try this recipe and let me know what you think!