Protein Pumpkin Pancakes RecipePosted on September 24, 2014 at 12:01 am
It’s that time of year…PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! Eeek! To welcome fall, I decided to make some protein pumpkin pancakes for breakfast Tuesday morning. I can’t NOT share this recipe because it is SO. GOOD.
- 1/3 cup of oats (I used Old Fashioned)
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP pumpkin spice
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP vanilla almond milk
- Sweetener of choice (I used a packet of Stevia in the Raw)
- Optional toppings: I used cacao chips, 1/2 of a banana, and honey
Here’s What You Do:
- Mix all of that up in a blender (minus the toppings, obviously).
- Spray a pan with non stick spray (I used coconut oil) and heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan (I added the cacao chips after I poured the batter into the pan) and flip after a few minutes (when I see bubbles on the pancake is when I flip it).
- Cook the other side of the pancake until it is cooked all the way through.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
This recipe made two good sized pancakes (: I ate them before my workout, and I had plenty of energy to power through it! Try this recipe and let me know what you think! #happyfallyall