Mug Cake RecipePosted on March 16, 2015 at 12:39 am
So about a week ago I posted a picture of a mug cake on Insta and quite of few of y’all asked for the recipe! Well I’ve been playing around with it over the last week and I’m finally pretty happy with how it came out (: I have a mega sweet tooth so I’m always looking for healthy ways to conquer it. This mug cake is PERFECT.
I’ve made mug cakes in the past, but all of the recipes call for egg and cooking an egg in the microwave is just so hit or miss. So I wanted to find a new way to make a mug cake. Behold…
What You’ll Need:
- Mug (I used a short, fat one rather than a tall, skinny one….not sure if that will make a difference)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used a whey peanut butter marshmallow)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (this made all the difference!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
What You’ll Do:
1. Combine everything into the mug.
2. Mix everything well so that it looks like cake batter.
3. Cook in the microwave for 75 seconds (this time may vary – I have a 900 watt microwave.)
4. Let mug cool for 20 seconds in microwave.
5. Remove from microwave and ENJOY!
Let me say microwave one more time….
I think putting some cinnamon and PB on top would make it even more amazing! This is one of my go-to post leg day foods right now….yum!