Healthy Pumpkin MuffinsPosted on September 21, 2015 at 12:06 am
Y’all I am one of those typical “basic white girls” (okay whatever – so I like things that other people like…sue me) and I have NO SHAME IN MY GAME. I love fall. I love boots and leggings (no UGGS for me though). And I love ALL THINGS PUMPKIN! Food, candles, coffees….give it to me!
So I busted out my first can of pumpkin last week to try out this new pumpkin muffin recipe and it was SO GOOD. And the best part? I didn’t even feel guilty eating 1 (or 2 and sometimes 3…) of these bad boys a day.
What You Need:
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (I used Walden Farms brand which you can find here)
- Sprinkle of pink himalayan sea salt (I used about 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- Non-stick spray
- Muffin tins
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl (minus the non-stick spray and muffin tins…obviously).
- Spray your muffin tin(s) with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins (I filled each spot a little over halfway).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when put into a muffin.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
This recipe made 11 muffins. I could have probably stretched it out to 12 though. I store the muffins in a tupperware container in the fridge since I’m the only one in our house who eats them (Adam doesn’t like pumpkin…don’t get me started).
You’ve got to try this recipe! It’s so easy. And it makes your kitchen smell fabulous. I toss 1 or 2 of these in a to go bag to take with me to snack on in between classes. Or if I wake up and didn’t feel like eating a full of breakfast right away I grab one of these to munch on with my coffee. SO. GOOD.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!