Healthy French Toast RecipePosted on July 15, 2015 at 12:39 am
Hey y’all! Happy hump day (: I figured today would be the perfect day to share one of my favorite leg day breakfasts! I try to eat more carbs at breakfast on the days that I train legs. Need that energy to lift heavy stuff!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 pieces of bread (I use Ezekiel sprouted grain bread)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- Cinnamon to taste
- Toppings of choice
What You’ll Do:
1. Mix egg, egg whites, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
2. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and heat to medium high.
3. Take a slice of bread and soak each side in the egg mixture. Make sure each slice of bread is super moist (everyone’s favorite word…I know) on both sides.
4. Put the bread on the pan and cook each side for about 2-4 minutes.
5. Top with toppings of your choice! I used my protein fruit dip…the recipe can be found in my e-book and a little bit of maple syrup.
I also had a side of fruit with this – some blueberries and pineapple! YUM! Breakfast never gets old for me – I love it!