Clean Eats: Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes RecipePosted on June 17, 2014 at 12:01 am
Comfort foods…we all have a special place for them in our hearts. I have a few, but one of my favorite…pancakes! The smell, the taste, the texture…I love them. BUT I don’t really love how they make me look/feel. So I looked around and found a clean pancake recipe and made it into something that I knew I’d enjoy. Now I can eat one of my favorite comfort foods without packing on the unwanted pounds. Ya feel me?
I give y’all: PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN PANCAKES. Oh yes.
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of PB2
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used vanilla, raw, organic brown rice protein)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 1/2 banana
How to Make Them:
1. Mash up the banana in a bowl (I use a fork to do this and it works well).
2. Add the almond milk and stir together with the banana.
3. Add the PB2, cinnamon & protein powder.
4. Add in the egg whites and stir everything together.
5. Heat a pan to medium high heat. Make sure you spray it before you put the batter on it so the pancakes don’t stick.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and let cook until you see bubbles on the pancake.
7. FLIP! And let cook for about 45 seconds-minute on the other side.
The batter made me 3 pancakes. And they were gone in about .4 seconds. I ate these as a post-workout snack with strawberries, bananas & 1/2 of a grapefruit. I also put a little bit (like a teaspoon) of raw honey on top of the pancakes.
So go ahead…eat some pancakes AND keep your rockin waistline…I dare you!
P.S. Tomorrow be on the lookout for my “What I Ate” post! I’ll be telling y’all every single thing that I ate for 3 days!
*The base of this recipe came from Tone It Up. I changed it up a little!