Baked Avocado & Egg BreakfastPosted on November 24, 2014 at 12:01 am
It’s Thanksgiving week…yay! I love the holidays so I’ve been in a great mood the past few days (: Plus this week is the launch of HIIT Fusion Online Gym! AH! I can’t believe that it’s here already! I’ll be doing a post with more details later this week!
For today, I wanted to share a new breakfast recipe that I finally tried. I’ve seen pictures of this recipe everywhere…Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook. I’ve always thought it looked good, but I just never made it. One of the girls at work made it and said it was delish so I figured I better jump on the baked avocado & egg bandwagon.
This was way easy to make and it was SO good. It was a nice change to my usual breakfast.
What You Need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- Any spices/toppings you want
- Baking sheet
What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 425*.
- Slice your avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out a nice large hole in each half of the avocado (you should probably scoop out more than you think…I didn’t have enough room to fit the whole egg in the avocado because I didn’t scoop enough).
- Crack one egg into each half of the avocado.
- Add whatever toppings you want – I only did cayenne pepper, but you could do bacon, ground turkey, chives, etc.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until egg is cooked.
I’m telling you this breakfast was amazing! I saved the avocado that I scooped out, froze it, and used it in a smoothie the next day. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!