Full Body Killer Kettlebell WorkoutPosted on November 21, 2014 at 12:01 am
Happy Fit Friday (: UMMM HIIT Fusion Online Gym launches ONE WEEK FROM TODAY…one week! I can’t believe it! We got some great feedback on the video that we released last week and have already made some changes in order to make them better for you guys! Thank you to everyone who watched the video, did the workout, and gave us feedback – means so much!
Today I have a full body kettlebell workout for y’all. I workout at home 5/6 of my training days a week. I don’t use much equipment, but I have a few things that I couldn’t do without (my kettlebells, dumbbells, BOSU ball, and jump rope). A lot of people don’t know what to do with a kettlebell besides regular kettlebell swings so I figured I’d give you some ideas.
All you need for this workout is a kettlebell. I’m using 25 pounds. You are going to complete 3 rounds of the following:
- KB swings: Start with the KB between your legs. Swing it back and then using the power from your hips, thrust forward, bringing the KB to eye level.
- Walking lunges: Hold the KB directly over your head. Get into a lunge position and take a step forward as you switch legs. Each leg counts as one rep.
- Single arm KB swing to burpee: Hold the KB with one hand on the corner of the handle. Just like a normal swing, thrust your hips forward and swing the KB to eye level. At the top of the swing, grab the KB with your other hand and let go with the original hand. Do 4 single arm swings, put the KB down, then do a burpee and jump laterally over the KB. That is one rep.
- Overhead squats: Hold the KB in one hand and extend that arm directly above you. Stick your other arm straight out to help with balance. Complete a squat. Do 10 on each arm.
- KB clean and press: Start with the KB by your feet. Squat down, reach across your body and pull up then flip the KB so that it is resting in the crease of your elbow (this is one smooth motion). Press the KB straight up overhead. Complete 10 on each side.
This workout is great to get in some strength training and cardio. Love me some kettlebells! Give this workout a try this weekend and let me know what you think (: I’m off to go film some more workout videos for HIIT Fusion Online Gym…you guys don’t even know how much awesome stuff has been going on for y’all!