Full Body Boot Camp Blast (30 minute HIIT to burn fat)Posted on January 23, 2014 at 9:30 pm
HAPPY FIT FRIDAY, BABES! Friday is one of my favorite days, because I get to share a new workout with y’all and because well it’s FRIDAY, duh! Today’s workout is a full body BOOT CAMP BLAST! It’s another HIIT style workout that you can complete in about 30 minutes. If you want to read up on HIIT workouts, you can find my post about their benefits here. I also like full body workouts, because since you’re using more muscles, you’re burning more calories…WIN!
Really quick – thank you for all of the encouraging feedback that you’ve been giving me! It really pushes me to keep going. I love reading your blog comments, emails, tweets, Facebook comments, and Insta comments. I smile SO big for every single one! On to the workout…
Equipment you’ll need for this workout:
- Medicine Ball (optional)
Here is the workout printable that gives you a breakdown of the routine:
You’re going to set your timer for 6 minutes and do as many rounds as possible of set 1. Then you’re going to take a 30-60 second water break (take longer breaks if you need to, but remember to push yourself) and then do as many rounds as possible of set 2 as you can in 6 minutes. Then take a short break and so on. If you need to take breaks during a set, that’s fine. You know your limits. All I ask is that you push yourself and really give 100% to the workout. It’s only 30 minutes! If you do need to take a break, I recommend marching in place to keep your heart rate up! Also remember to warm-up and cool down (: And of course, consult your doctor before beginning a new workout regime.
If you missed anything this week:
As usual, I’m linking up with Lauren to share my top 5 highlights from the week (: You guys know how I love to reflect on the little things that happened throughout the week! My High Five for Friday:
1. I had such a great day celebrating my birthday on Monday! I felt so loved the whole day…part of that is thanks to y’all, so thank you (: Adam took me on a picnic in the afternoon. The weather was gorgeous and I really enjoyed just getting out of the “real world” for an hour and spending some quality time with him. For lunch we had subs, wine, and chocolate covered strawberries! YUM!
2. I took my monthly fitness assessment at my gym this month and in 4 weeks I lost 3 pounds of fat, gained .4 pound of muscle, and lost 2% body fat…YES! I’m getting closer to my goals. If you want it, you gotta work for it, ladies! Get after it.
3. I started my boot camp classes this week…ah! Y’all I absolutely LOVE leading the classes and after the wedding I’m gonna start doing 3 classes a week. It’s so rewarding to actually LOVE my job. I’m still working part time for my family business, but Glisten is my main focus. If you’re a Tampa local, feel free to check it out and join us. I have a lot of fun with all the girls!
4. Adam’s wedding band arrived in the mail this week…83 days until we say, “I DO!” I couldn’t be more excited.
5. I’m going to get my wedding dress fitted tomorrow…eeek! I think that once I see the dress actually fit me that it’s going to truly hit me that I’m going to be a BRIDE soon. Say whaaat?!
Happy weekend, lovelies (: I’ll be back Monday with an Mmm Monday post. Keep up with my weekend happenings on Instagram!