FAB 50 Full Body Blast WorkoutPosted on January 17, 2014 at 12:30 am
Hey babes! Happy FIT FRIDAY (: I got a lot of positive feedback about last week’s Fit Friday HIIT workout…did you have the chance to try it? This week I have a new full body workout. I give you… the FAB 50 Full Body Blast Workout:
Sounds easy, but I promise that it will push you and make you work hard! Here’s the breakdown:
I want you to set your timer for 30 minutes and complete AMRAP (as many rounds as possible). Once the 30 minutes is up, you walk/run the mile. So you’re only walking/jogging 1 mile…not one mile after each set. I hope that makes sense!
Here are some tips for different fitness levels for each exercise:
- High Knees: For advancement, do high knees with a jump rope. For a modification, march in place. Keep your knees high for all 50 reps.
- Squats: For advancement, add weight by holding dumbbells or a kettlebell. Remember to keep your weight in the back of your heels and don’t let your knees go past your toes.
- Plank: For advancement, do the plank on a BOSU ball. For a modification, plank on your knees. Just make sure that your core is engaged.
- Curl to Press: Use whatever weight you are comfortable with. I would use 10-15 pound dumbbells. You can also use a resistance band, water bottles, or whatever you have around the house.
- Burpees: For advancement, add a push-up. If you aren’t sure what a burpee is, I explain it in this video at the 2:50 mark.
There’s no video this week, because I spent time filming an intro to use for all of my future videos…I’m getting legit you guys (; I’ll have a video to go with next Friday’s workout though! I can’t wait for you guys to see the video intro…I cried when I saw it. I can’t believe I’m really doing this you guys! Make sure to take your FAB 50 printable to the gym and pin it on Pinterest!
Are you keeping up with the #jigglefreeJANUARY calendar?! It’s so fun to wake up and see what the daily challenge is (: Oh and by the way…my birthday is Monday so I’ll be having a fun giveaway. Don’t forget to stop by and check it out!
And here is the High Five for Friday part of the post…5 highlights from my week, because it’s so important to appreciate the little things! Linking up with Lauren, of course.
1. The most exciting thing that happened this week…Adam & I got approved to rent a house! The house we are renting is a 3 bed/2 bath…which means I get to turn one of the rooms into a home office/gym…SCORE! It has a huge backyard (perfect for our puppy and for my workout adventures). Adam and Buck are moving in February 1 and I will be moving in after the wedding. We are SO glad that we got approved with our dog! We were afraid people wouldn’t want to rent to pet owners. But how can you resist this face?!
2. I’ve been preparing for my boot camps that start next week and I’m SO excited to get to workout with the lovely ladies that have signed up!
3. Did I mention that I love cute workout clothes orrrrr?
4. Got to hang out with my Grandma at our family’s business dinner. Y’all she turns 70 this year…I got some good genes!
5. If this isn’t a good example of the little things in life then I don’t know what is…I can officially make an omelet that doesn’t look like scrambled eggs. LIFE POINT!
Happy weekend! Let me know how you do with the FAB 50 Full Body Blast Workout!