If I Had to Date an Exercise Move…Posted on August 5, 2014 at 12:01 am
Burpees would be my boyfriend. OBVIOUSLY. If you’ve ever worked out with me (virtually or in person) you’ve probably caught onto my obsession with burpees. I love any and all burpees. I say love. But it’s really a love/hate relationship. I know they’re good for me, but sometimes I want to punch them in the face. It’s like a real life relationship! Ha, just kidding, love you husband (;
Do I love actually doing burpees? No. I actually LIKE being able to breathe, thank you. But what I do love is how effective burpees are. I get asked all the time why I love them so much and why I use them so often in my workouts.
Why I Love Burpees:
1. They require NO equipment. Which means you can do them any time, any place.
2. They get your heart rate up QUICK, which means they are a great cardio move.
3. Not only are they good for cardio, they’re a full body strengthening/sculpting move. When you do a burpee, you’re targeting your shoulders, chest, abs & glutes all in one shot.
4. So basically even though burpees suck, you’re getting a good bang for your buck.
My Favorite Burpees:
- Good ole competition burpees
- Plank jack burpees
- Tuck jump burpees
- Broad jump burpees
- Squat jump burpees
If you don’t know what some of these look like, check out my Instagram video from yesterday.
So next time you see one of my workouts with burpees in them, whine all you want. But just know that you’ll thank me later (;
Categorized in: Be Fit