Does It Matter What Time You Workout?Posted on April 22, 2014 at 9:40 am
People wonder this all the time…does it matter what time you workout? You hear both sides. Some people swear by early morning sweat sessions, while others refuse to workout before noon. So what’s the real answer?
Yes. Yes it does. But here’s the catch: you have to workout when it’s best for you! Any type of exercise, no matter what time of day, is more beneficial than no exercise at all. Promise.
Tips for choosing the best time to exercise:
- Stay consistent. Make sure you’re not putting off exercising until the last minute and then not actually having time to do it. Find a time that works best with your schedule each day and make it happen.
- Choose a time when you’re able to dedicate enough time to working out. If you can only spare 15 minutes in the morning, but have 45 minutes at night, then maybe working out at night is better for you.
- Set yourself up for success. Choose a time when you’ll actually workout. If you’re not a morning person, you might not want to depend on getting your workout done at 5am, because you might snooze through it.
- Remember that sleep is important, too. Exercising too close to bed time can sabotage our body’s desire to sleep and you need those Zs to recover.
- Keep your eating schedule in mind. You want to have enough energy to get through your workout by having eaten some good healthy carbs beforehand.
Here’s the thing: there are benefits to working out earlier in the day, sure. But they are minor compared to the overall effect of working out consistently. My point: JUST DO IT. Whenever you can exercise, exercise (:
Categorized in: Be Fit