DIY Printed Coffee MugsPosted on January 19, 2015 at 12:02 am
How was y’all’s weekend?! I finished the first draft of my e-book (OMG I can’t believe it’s coming along so quickly), got a mani/pedi, and had a craft night with some girlfriends. Now let me preface this – I am like one of the least crafty people ever. I can think of good ideas of things to make but when it comes to actually MAKING them…yeah, no.
Thankfully one of my friends, Jenn, is like the craft queen of the world and she knew how we could make these mugs happen.
I normally only post about health & fitness related topics but when I shared this picture on Instagram I had SO many requests for how we made them. You know the drill….you ask, I make it happen!
- Glossy coffee mug(s) (We got ours from Old Time Pottery for $1 each)
- Cookie Sheet
- Oil based paint pens (acrylic based pens will not work)
What You’ll Do:
- Wash and dry the mug(s) that you plan on writing on. We just hand washed them.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Once the mugs are completely dry, grab your paint pens and get to drawing!
- If you mess up, just get a damp rag and wipe/scratch off the spot where you messed up. Make sure to dry the area before you start drawing there again.
- Once you are happy with your design, place mug on a cookie sheet (standing up) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove mug(s) and let cool.
Super easy to make and they make drinking coffee even better than it already is…not that it can get much better #ilovecoffee. These would be a great/cheap gift idea, too.
Oh and I would suggest hand washing these. I haven’t tried putting mine in the dishwasher…I always just quickly hand wash them because I’m paranoid that the design will get messed up in the dishwasher.
Happy coffee drinking (:
P.S. How do you guys like the idea of me incorporating a few posts every month that aren’t geared toward health & fitness? Yes? No? Maybe?
Categorized in: Be Fierce